Sunday, April 18, 2010

Weekend Fun

The weekend started off early for me with the March for Babies Walk. It was such a fun day and for such a great cause. I was honored to be able to walk along side my friends who have had premature babies and honored to walk for all the precious NICU babies I have taken care of. There were tons of families there. It was great to be able to be a part of such a wonderful event. Thanks to every one who supported me in this!

Our team, the Reese and Riley team. Reese and Riley are my friend, Amy's twin girls who were born at 30 weeks. They are doing great now and are just as cute as they can be. It's so great to see happy endings like theirs!

My sweet friends, Tiffany and Leah

Tiffany, Leah and I in front of precious Liam's memory sign. Liam is Leah's son who was stillborn at 20 weeks. The walk was a neat way to honor and remember him and to raise awareness for infants born prematurely or ill. I had to work later that night for a few hours in the NICU and I was lucky enough to take care of a baby who was well enough to be held. I just cuddled him up and thought of all the babies whose families were at the walk honoring their infant who they had lost. Made me emotional, thankful, sad for my sweet friend Leah, and grateful that we serve a God who will make it all right one day.



Later that day, we had a birthday to go to go for one of Avery's little friends, Kenai. We have had a birthday party every single weekend this month, so fun! He turned one and it was such a fun party. Avery loved the cupcakes especially. :)

The cute b-day boy

she cracked me up wanting to keep the b-day hat on

Yummy!

The cupcakes had gummy worms on them and the kids loved it! This is sweet little Reese.

Aves loved the snakes, as she called them.

Avery Kate, her momma, and little Aves enjoying cupcakes!

our family


On Saturday, this sweet little guy was born! Our good friends, the Storments had their second little one. Their daughter, Eden, is Avery's little buddy. We are so excited for them. Samuel is such a cutie pie!

7lb. of sweetness :)

Avery checking him out


As you can see by the look on her face, she wasn't too sure about me holding him. :)

Beautiful momma and baby

The dads

Eden giving Avery hugs!

Sweet girls!

1 comment:

The Hammetts said...

WOW!!!! Looks like you had a busy weekend! I am so glad that you were able to make it to Kenai's birthday party...i know that he was excited to have you.