Thursday, September 6, 2012

First Day of School

Avery had a great first day of Preschool. She really loves school and asked about it all summer. I love having more of a routine and a little bit of free time. Although, having a 12 month old at home does not equal free time! It's usually a little easier running errands with just one kiddo. Avery really is my little helper and I actually missed her like crazy the first day and had an even harder time in the store bc she wasn't there to entertain baby sis.:( We will  have to adjust! She loves her teachers and came home singing lots of new songs. I was doing ok at drop off and then walked past her old classrooms from her 1st and 2nd year. I was flashing back to the tiny babe with a diaper hiney, clinging to mommy, both uf us unsure how we could be away from each other for the whole class time. Her two year old teacher said, "Avery is such a big girl now" and I lost it. Yep, started balling before I could make it to the car. She just seemed so big this year and I realize how close we are to being in elementary school. The morning of the first day, she came down stairs as I was finishing making her lunch, and she was fully dressed, shoes, bow, and all for school. She rolled out of bed and was too excited to wait. So sweet!  Sigh, I really am happy about school and her being 4:) Here is a little interview I did with her to help us remember her first day of school:

How many new friends did you make? 35
Who did you play with? Wes, he's my best boy
What was your favorite thing you ate for lunch? My bunny sandwich
What did you do at school? We read books, like The Kissing Hand and talked about things.
Do you like your teachers? Yes! They are sweet and like to sing. They know I have a dream light and like Rapunzel because I tell them.
Did you have fun on the playground? Yes, but I got really hot and had to get water. We played chase and castles.
Do you want to go back? Yes mom! It's my school
Is there anything else you did at school that was really fun? I don't know mom, I guess you should come so you can watch everything we do. (ha! She was getting a little tired of the questions:)
What was your favorite part of the first day? When you came to pick me up

She picked out her outfit all on her own. I didn't argue, although I had something else in mind. She did a pretty good job. She had it all laid out on her bed ready for the morning and I didn't have the heart to pull out the outfit I had. Bless her heart, she's too precious to me.
 She wasn't feeling the Sonic worker this morning, but it usually makes the top three aspirations:)



1 comment:

Wendy said...

So I just found your blog though Amanda's. Seriously have the cutest little girls! I love them and have loved reading about your sweet family.