Sunday, February 19, 2012

3 1/2 years old...

Sweet Avery Ellen,
You're 3 1/2 years old! You won't let me call you my "little girl" anymore so I call you my "little big girl." :) You love to remind me that you are in fact a big girl and not a baby. It makes me smile and cry at the same time. You are such joy at this age! I remember chasing you every where when you were a toddler, wondering if it would ever get easier. You make it pretty easy to be a parent now. (if that's possible;) You have the sweetest little heart and love people deeply. You have never shown anything but love for your new baby sister from day one. You're so sweet to her and love to give her kisses. I hear, "I love you momma" at least 10 times a day. You are quick to say you're sorry when you're wrong and fairly easy to discipline...for now at least:) After you have been to time out, you always ask over and over, "You forgive me? I'm berry sorry" It's so sweet how sensitive you are. You have become a little rule follower and you're very concerned when you or someone else is making a "bad choice". You tell me every day after school who made bad choices and how it makes Jesus sad, cracks me up! You love to color and draw, you're very into crafty things right now. You love to read and spend lots of time "reading" your books to yourself at night. You LOVE the Bible. You ask us 100 questions about the stories and ask "why" a lot. You love to dance, you're completely obsessed with Disney princesses, you like to play with your baby dolls and you imitate every thing I do with Adalyn with your dolls. You take after your mom and you love to go shopping. Target can always make you happy:) You love preschool and learning new things. You know how to spell your name and can write it too. You have three letters in your name down without any help and the last two you need just a little help writing legibly. I can't believe how big you are! You have quite an opinion on what you wear and how we fix your hair. It cracks me up! I'll always remember you in a Hello Kitty shirt at this age! You are super girly, yet can keep up with the boys and have more energy than a lot of little boys I know! You love to play outside and get dirty. Currently, you plan to be a firefighter when you grow up. No idea where you got that one! You are still fiercely independent and like to do things your way. You don't follow the crowd usually, you know what you like and go for it, no matter if you're the only one. You still aren't shy but you have become a little more reserved in public. You don't have to talk to every single person we see now:) Your energy exhausts me just to watch you. You pretty much run every where and you're constantly busy. You prefer to be doing something at all times. You play very well independently. I could type for hours about all the things I love about you at this age. You have mine and your Daddy's heart little girl. I love you so much it makes my heart hurt. You'll always be my baby, no matter how much of a "big girl" you are becoming.
Momma




No comments: