Wednesday, August 5, 2009

My Big Girl

I was putting Avery in the car today and I just kept staring at her because I couldn't believe how big and grown up she looked. My baby is is turning into a big girl! My mind keeps going back to when she looked like this, so little. I wish I could hold her one more time as a tiny newborn. 

                                         
                          
                       Look at her now! What a big difference. 
 I admit I'm a little(or a lot) emotional lately thinking about my baby being one. I just can't believe it! Why does time have to go by so fast? You may have to put up with me going down memory lane this next week and half before her birthday. I'm a little sentimental and emotional (just ask Luke about that. :) We are having fun planning her party! I really am so thankful that God has blessed me with such a beautiful and healthy daughter who will turn one in a few days. After working in the NICU especially, I know that a lot of parents don't get to enjoy seeing their baby's first year. We are blessed. I love this girl soo much!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Counting our blessings is one of our most important tasks as Christians. Avery is a beautiful gift from God, and I share your wonder at her transformation over the last year. As much as she will treasure this diary so do I. I feel I am sharing her journey via technology.
What a marvelous girl is our Avery. She reminds me so much of a little boy I once was privaledge to love. How I wish I could have him run and throw his grubby little arms around my neck again. As you look to her future, I am reminded of his past. Enjoy while you can hold her in your arms, because too soon they run off on their own.
Love, Nana Norsworthy