Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Man's best friend

Most everyone knows, we had to put Chief down this week. It was a very sad day for me and Luke. He was a good dog and had been with us our whole marriage. He had cancer and had been doing well, but then started acting funny and not himself. It just wasn't a good idea with Avery in the house. We made the hard decision and took him in on Monday. Luke took him, I couldn't bring myself to go. We are sad, but have lots of happy memories with him. He made our lives more exciting, brought us lots more laughs, drained our checkbook:), and honestly got us ready to have a baby. We learned so much as a young couple by taking care of him.We will miss him so much!
"Dogs leave paw prints on our hearts and we are never the same."










3 comments:

April Jackson said...

You made me cry at work:( I'm sure Chief is so relieved to not have to stay in a closet anymore:) I've been thinking about you guys the past couple of days. I know it's just a dog, but they become more than dogs!

The Hammetts said...

I am so sorry! I hadn't heard. I know how hard it was for us to give one of our babies away when we brought Kenai home. So i can only imagine how hard this has been for yall.

PS. I agree with April...I am sure that he is glad that he doesn't have to stay in the closet anymore.

Kippa said...

Lindsay, I am so sorry! :( We love y'all.