Friday, October 14, 2011

Cinderella

She spins and she sways
To whatever song plays
Without a care in the world
And I'm sitting here wearing
The weight of the world on my shoulders
It's been a long day
And there's still work to do
She's pulling at me
Saying "Dad, I need you
There's a ball at the castle
And I've been invited
And I need to practice my dancing
Oh, please, Daddy, please?"
So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something the prince never knew
Oh, I will dance with Cinderella
I don't want to miss even one song
'Cause all too soon the clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone...



These pictures melt my heart. I decided to sneak in on one of Daddy and Avery's dancing parties today. He always turns on music with his computer for them to dance to and today it was " Cinderella" be Steven Curtis Chapman which about made me bawl like a baby. It's the sweetest thing I've ever seen. She loves to dress up as Cinderella(though the dress of choice is Minnie Mouse with a Hello Kitty crown but it works:) She will go knock on Luke's office door saying "Prince! It's me!" She wants her prince to dance with her at the ball. Little girls are so adorable with their Daddies. I know he cherishes this time with her. He says the #1 best thing about having a church office out of the house is that he gets to take his breaks with his little girls. Avery sure has him wrapped around her little finger:) Won't be long and there will be two little princesses dancing with their prince.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Best wishes to the happy parents