Tuesday, August 31, 2010

School Girl!

Avery did well at her first day of mother's day out! I was so proud of her. She was very excited to go and was all giggles about it, even ran down the hall to her room when we got there. As soon as she remembered we would be leaving her though, the smiles turned to big tears. :( She cried for a little bit and momma hung out in the hall to make sure she stopped. The teacher was holding her when I left and she seemed fine. I cried a little walking out, I just couldn't believe she is old enough to go to preschool! Where did the time go??
She did great at school and the report I got from the teacher was that there were no tears all day and she was happy. On her report sheet for the day, they described her mood as "playful", this cracked me up! Her favorite part of the day was music time and Mrs. Wendy said she was the only one who sang and danced. She probably enjoyed putting on a show for her friends. Ha! She even took a 40 minute nap on her nap mat at the end of the day! I'm so relieved that it went well. I stayed busy and couldn't wait for it to be 2pm. I pulled up at a store to run in for something, popped the trunk and pulled out the stroller and then thought, "what in the world am I doing?!" It's hard to turn off "mommy mode" I guess! I will say, going to the grocery store alone was pretty nice though! :)
My little baby, all grown up
Her bag and lunch bag are almost as big as her!


Running into school!

No comments: